Case Study - Leading Retailer for Sports and Outdoors Equipment
Client needed to modernize their Configuration Management Technology stack to better support Workstation and Server patching security as well as increasing readiness and preparations for Windows 10 adoption.
To provide a more robust Security Patching solution, while improving support for Windows 10 and enhance Windows Server efficiencies for a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Client engaged FyrSoft to replace existing LANDESK with a full production deployment of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). FyrSoft conducted the engagement as follows in a series of phases to properly design and build a solution that addresses all the customer's regulatory and business requirements.
- Planning & Design of the System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Core Infrastructure
- Implementation of the SCCM Core Infrastructure as designed and documented
- Implementation of the SCCM Components and Features as designed and designated in the Project Technology Feature Mapping scope section
- Operating System Deployment
- Software Metering
- Security Patching
- *Internet-Based Client Management (requires PKI)
- Software Distribution
- Software Packaging
- Managed Settings
- Asset Intelligence
- Production Rollout of up to 90% of the ~6,250 Agents and 90% coverage of the 200 physical sites requiring SCCM infrastructure
FyrSoft also provided a complete Administrator and Operator handbook for all solutions design and implemented allowing the Client to have a complete turnkey solution.